Canada Balsam Essential Oil
Canada Balsam Essential Oil is also known as Fir Balsam Essential Oil.
Canadian Balsam Essential Oil is made from the resin and needles obtained from Canadian Fir trees, which is the most common variety of fir used for Christmas trees in Eastern U.S. and Canada.
Canadian Firs are a member of the Pinaceae family, consisting of c. 220 species of trees and a small number of shrubs, which are native to northern temperate regions. Other important trees in this family include cedars, firs, hemlocks, larches, pines and spruces.
The Canada Fir grows all year round and is an important food source for many animals. Native Americans have used it medicinally throughout the ages. They would apply the resin to wounds to speed up healing, and would also use it to combat colds and sore throats. Balsam tea was made by boiling up balsam fir needles owing to their high concentration of vitamin C.
Canada Balsam Essential Oil Aroma
Canada Balsam Essential Oil has a rich, fresh, vibrant but gentle balsamic aroma with overtones of pine.
Canada Balsam Essential Oil blends well with many other essential oils including those from other evergreen trees as well as aromatherapy oils derived from citrus, floral, mint and herb sources…
Canada Balsam Essential Oil Health Benefits
Canada Balsam Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include :: Analgesic + anti-bacterial + anti-anxiety + anti-inflammatory + anti-microbial + antioxidant + anti-tumour + antiviral + calmative + coolant + decongestant + expectorant + grounding + laxative + nervine + stimulant
Canada Balsam Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Canada Balsam Essential Oil is mainly made from resin collected in Eastern Canada where it is generally used as a remedy for the common cold and other respiratory conditions.
Canada Balsam Aromatherapy Oil is also thought to be helpful for everyday stresses and strains and is considered to share quite a few benefits with another balsamic oil* known as Gurjum Essential Oil.
Like Gurjum Essential Oil, there are many potential health benefits of Canada Balsam Essential Oil relating to the skin.
Canada Balsam Aromatherapy Oil Benefits
Additional traditional benefits of Canada Balsam Essential Oil include:
- Infection (dermal and internal)
- Respiratory & sinus infections + allergies + colds + coughs + bronchitis + sore throats + sinusitis
- Wounds + burns + bedsores + frostbite + leg ulcers + tumours
- Skin irritations + nappy rash + bruises
- Hemorrhoids + anal irritation
- Anxiety & depression + nervous tension + stress
- Heart & chest pains
- Pain relief for arthritis + rheumatism + muscular aches & pains + sprains + joint pain
Balsamic Essential Oils*
There are only a few ‘True Balsamic’ aromatherapy oils, of which Peru Balsam Essential Oil is one. From a chemical perspective, the term balsam is only given to resins which are mainly comprised of benzoic and cinnamic acids. Aromatherapy oils made from resins with a different chemical composition are often classified as oleoresins, and not balsams, even though several oleoresins are historically known as balsamic oils.
Canada Balsam Essential Oil is actually an oleoresin owing to the fact it is mainly comprised of monoterpines and sesquiterpenes.
Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil is also an oleoresin, due to its composition of sesquiterpene and diterpene acids.
Gurjun Balsam Essential Oil, which shares some of the same key healing benefits of Canada Balsam Essential Oil is also an oleoresin derived from Dipterocarpus, which originates from Southeast Asia.
Elemi Balsam Essential Oil is another aromatherapy oil which does not contain benzoic and cinnamic acids in it’s composition.
Learn more: True & Common Balsams
Canada Balsam Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Amyris Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Basil Essential Oil
- Benzoin Essential Oil
- Birch (Sweet) Essential Oil
- Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Camphor Essential Oil
- Caraway Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Cistus Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Coriander Leaf Essential Oil
- Coriander Seed Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Dill Essential Oil
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Smithii Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil
- Galbanum Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Gingergrass Essential Oil
- Guaiacwood Essential Oil
- Gurjun Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Iary Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Laurel Leaf Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Manuka Essential Oil
- Marjoram Wild Essential Oil
- Naiouli Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peru Balsam Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
- ★Plai Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Rosemary Camphor Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Thyme Red Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- Wintergreen Essential Oil
Canada Balsam Essential Oil INCI :: Abies Balsamea
Canadian Balsam Essential Oil Extraction Method :: Steam distillation
Canadian Balsam Essential Oil Plant Part Used :: Resin which is spontaneously exuded by the trees, rather than extracted
Canada Balsam Essential Oil Main Constituents
Canada Balsam Aromatherapy Oil has a very complex chemical composition, with 21% Monoterpenes, 0.4% Oxygenated Monoterpenes and 1.1% Sesquiterpenes.
Canada Balsam Essential Oil Cautions
Topical Application :: Always use Fir Balsam Essential Oil well diluted in carrier oil at a 1-5% dilution depending on the application. Refer to Using Essential Oils for more information.
Avoid use during pregnancy.
Do not used if oxidised as may cause skin irritation and sensitisation.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.