Benzoin Essential Oil
Benzoin Essential Oil Health Benefits
Benzoin Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include: antibacterial + antidepressant + anti-fungal + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + anti-rheumatic + antiseptic + antiviral + astringent + carminative (reduces gastric bloating & flatulence) + digestive + disinfectant + diuretic + expectorant + germicidal + relaxant + sedative + vulnerary (wound healing)
Please consult the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Benzoin Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Benzoin Essential Oil has been traditionally used for a good number of complaints. In broad terms it has been employed for it’s soothing, warming and stimulating properties.
- Autoimmune conditions: Arthritis + rheumatism
- Respiratory support: Colds + coughing + flu + bronchitis+ laryngitis
- Anxiety & depression
- Digestion: Supporting metabolic function
- Urinary support
- Lowering blood sugar
Benzoin Essential Oil Skincare Benefits
Like Myrrh Essential Oil, Benzoin is thought to confer many benefits to the skin. These two oils are the ‘go to’ for cracked skin, especially cracked heels, but they are considered excellent for wound healing of all kinds.
There are many who believe that Benzoin Essential Oil coupled with Geranium Essential Oil is the ideal combination for soothing and healing Eczema breakouts.
Benzoin Essential Oil has been traditionally used for the following skincare purposes:
- Acne + Eczema + Psoriasis
- Maintaining healthy skin tone
- Wound protection & healing
- Skin infections
- Fungal infections
Benzoin Essential Oil Energetic Properties
Benzoin Essential Oil is considered to be grounding and calming.
It is particularly supportive of the root, or Kundalini chakra, helping users to be more present.
Ideal for those who are easily distracted who suffer from too much nervous energy.
Benzoin Essential Oil Aroma
The aroma of Benzoin Essential Oil is rather heady and intoxicating, but not in a suffocating kind of a way. It is alluring, sweet and woodsy, with very apparent balsamic and vanilla tones.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Benzoin Essential Oil is non-toxic, non-irritant.
- There is a low risk of sensitisation.
- Tisserand and Young recommend a dermal maximum of 2%
- Use with caution if hypersensitive or you have damaged or diseased skin.
- Always perform a patch test.
- Not advised for internal consumption.
Wild As The Wind Benzoin Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Benzoin Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Styrax benzoin / Styrax tonkinensis
- Plant Family: Styracaceae
- Parts Used: Resin
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Appearance: Golden brown, thick consistency
- Aroma: Balsamic, woody & alluring. It is sweet, warming, rich & vanilla-like
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Shelf Life: c. 10 years
- Origin: Siam, but distilled in France to ensure purity
Wild As The Wind produce a pre-blended version of Benzoin and Geranium aromatherapy oils. Geranium & Benzoin Essential Oil Blend is the most popular essential oil blend for diffusing.
Benzion Essential Oil Blends Well With
Benzion Essential Oil mixes exceptionally well with sweet floral aromatherapy oils like Geranium Essential Oil and Geranium Rose Essential Oil.
Benzion Aromatherapy Oil also blends well with
- Amyris Essential Oil
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Coriander Leaf Essential Oil
- Coriander Seed Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Lime Essential Oil
- Myrrh Essential Oil
- Rose Otto Essential Oil
- Organic Orange (Sweet) Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.