Coriander Leaf Essential Oil
Coriander Leaf Essential Oil is a sweet, alluring aromatherapy oil with many beneficial applications. It has a long history of usage for many and varied conditions.
Coriander Leaf Essential Oil Health Benefits
Coriander Leaf Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include: Analgesic + antifungal + antiseptic + antispasmodic + aperitif + aphrodisiac + carminative (reduces gastric bloating & flatulence) + cephalic (supports head health) + depurative (purifying & detoxifying the blood) + deodorant + digestive + hypotensive + lipolytic (breaks down fats in our bodies) + stimulant + stomachic (supports gastric health)
Coriander Leaf Essential Oil Traditional Uses
Coriander Leaf Essential Oil is used in many traditional healing modalities, none more so than in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Traditional Chinese Medicine, or TCM, has many uses for Coriander, the herb of longevity, which is thought to circulate Chi (energy / life force), and boost intellect by strengthening spleen / pancreas function. Other uses include:
- Tonic of the stomach & heart
- Analgesic for pain relief
- Dispersing cold
- Dismantling painful obstructions in the body & diminishing osteoarthritic and rheumatic pain
Other traditional applications for Coriander Leaf Essential include:
- Aches & pains
- Improve circulation in muscles & joints
- Muscular aches & pains + stiffness
- Arthritis + rheumatism + gout
- Colic + dyspeptic complaints + bloating + heartburn + nausea + belching + upper abdominal pain
- Colds + flu
- Loss of appetite
Cautions & Contraindications
None known – GRAS status (Generally Recognized as Safe)
High Linalool content – best kept refrigerated.
Wild As The Wind Coriander Leaf Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Coriander Leaf Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Coriandrum sativum
- Plant Family: Umbelliferae aka. Apiaceae
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Parts Used: Leaves
- Appearance: Pale yellow, thin consistency
- Perfumery Note: Top / Middle
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenols (70% + Linalool)
- Origin: France
- Shelf Life: c. 6 years
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.