Black Pepper Essential Oil
Black Pepper Aromatherapy Oil is a delightfully aromatic and seductive essential oil which is used extensively in the perfume industry.
It is arguably the best aromatherapy oil for quitting smoking.
Black Pepper Essential Oil Health Benefits
Black Pepper Essential Oil is considered warming, stimulating, antioxidant and toning. It is often used in aromatherapy massage to improve circulation, and aid detoxification.
The stimulating and detoxifying actions of Black Pepper Essential Oil are thought to reduce the appearance of cellulite and provide symptomatic relief from inflammatory disorders. In addition, using Black Pepper Aromatherapy Oil for massage and facials, helps to purify the skin as it is also a potent antibacterial.
When applied to the abdomen, at the correct dilution, it may provide gastric relief from bloating, discomfort and gas.
Black Pepper Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include the following:
Antiarthritic + antibacterial + antiemetic (reduces nausea & vomitting) + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + antirheumatic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + antiviral + aperient (relives constipation) + anxiolytic, (antianxiety) + carminative (reduces bloating & flatulence) + diaphoretic + digestive tonic + expectorant + febrifuge + immuno-stimulent + rubefacient + stimulant + stomachic + tonic
Please consult the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Black Pepper Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Black Pepper Aromatherapy Oil has earned itself the reputation for being an aphrodisiac within folkloric tradition. It has, and still is, used extensively within the perfume industry as a middle note, perhaps for this reason?
Black Pepper Essential Oil traditional health benefits are thought to include:
- Digestive Issues: stimulates the entire digestive system, (stomach, liver & pancreas) + reduces constipation + bloating + flatulence + poor appetite
- Muscle & Joint Rub: to relieve aches & pains + arthritis + rheumatism
- Respiratory health: colds + flu + respiratory infection
- Anxiety & depression
- Fatigue + exhaustion
- Normalising blood pressure + improving circulation
- Diabetes: improving glucose tolerance
Black Pepper Essential Oil For Skincare
Because Black Pepper Essential Oil stimulating, detoxifying and antibacterial, it is considered anti-ageing. This means that Black Pepper Essential Oil has many skincare applications.
It has been traditionally used for conditions such as cellulite, but in more recent times it has been used to help ease and improve inflammatory skin conditions such as; acne, eczema and psoriasis. As it is deeply antibacterial it is thought to be particularly helpful for all forms of acne.
Black Pepper Aromatherapy Oil is used in a good number of massage oil blends, and facial treatment oils, helping to purify the skin. Its antioxidant action helps in eliminating impurities and toxins from the surface of the skin, allowing the pores to breathe again.
Owing to its antioxidant properties, Black Pepper Essential Oil fights free radical damage. This alongside its stimulating and anti-inflammatory actions helps to boost circulation, reducing swelling (oedema), toxicity, and provide a healthy, youthful glow to skin of all ages.
Black Pepper Essential Oil For Quitting Smoking
Inspired by Maria Lis-Balchin, author of Aromatherapy Science, I successfully used Black Pepper Essential Oil to quit a 41 year smoking habit, by simply inhaling it’s aroma straight from the bottle. I did this every time I felt I needed a cigarette.
There is no question in my mind I would have failed in the first two weeks of my attempt to stop smoking had I not had Black Pepper Essential oil constantly at hand.
But, astonishingly enough, after the first couple of weeks the aroma was too heavy for my regular inhalations. Plus, they were curiously reminiscent of smoking, so I switched to Spearmint Essential Oil instead. This amazed me as I never would have guessed I would have found Spearmint Essential Oil so satisfying!
Black Pepper Essential Oil Aroma
Aromatically, Black Pepper Essential Oil is powerfully engaging, with woody, floral and spicy tones. It is somewhat similar to the smell of freshly ground pepper corns, but it is more heady with a smokey, richly beguiling scent, which almost defies comparison.
It mixes well with almost all other essential oils, but is particularly well suited to floral aromatherapy oils.
Black Pepper Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Atlas Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carteri Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serata Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Manuka Essential Oil
- Myrrh Essential Oil
- Organic Rose Otto Essential Oil
- Turmeric Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Mysore Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Black Pepper Essential Oil
- INCI: Piper nigrum fruit oil
- Plant Family: Piperaceae
- Parts Used: Dried fruit
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenes, Sesquiterpenes
- Appearance: Yellow, thin consistency
- Aroma: Complex, green, spicey, zesty, smokey, warming with floral undertones
- Origin: India
- Shelf Life: 4-5 Years
DistillationBotanical Family:PiperaceaeChemical Family: Monoterpenes, SesquiterpenesExtraction Date: Fall 2018Approx. Shelf Life: 5 years
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.