Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil is a premium quality Ylang Ylang Essential Oil.
It is a diversely beneficial aromatherapy oil, with a much loved, potent aroma. However, a small number of people, who are prone to headaches, find Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil a little overwhelming. It has been known to induce headaches in some.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Aroma
Cananga odorata, from which Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is made, is one of the most coveted flowers in perfumery. It is a base to middle note in perfumery, and is one of the key ingredients in Chanel No. 5.
Its alluring, sweet, floral, tropical, and somewhat intoxicating scent, make it one of the most popular aromatherapy oils for diffusing.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil For Hair
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is one of the two most popular and effective essential oils for promoting healthy hair growth, and improving its overall condition. Rosemary Essential Oil is the other.
Both are often found in natural, organic shampoos and conditioners.
Just add a few of drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil to your regular shampoo and conditioner to improve outcomes.
There Are 5 Different Versions Of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
The process of distillation used to extract the four different unblended essential oils, from the Ylang Ylang flowers, takes 14 hours. The four different draughts of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil are extracted at different stages of the process. Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil is the first draught of essential oil to be produced. After this there are three more draughts of essential oil extracted, known as:
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang II Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil
*There is, however, another form of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil known as Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil.
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is a combination of all four Ylang Ylang Essential Oils obtained from the differing stages of oil production.
Then there is Cananga Essential Oil
Cananga Essential Oil
Cananga Essential Oil is made from the same species of plant that is used to make Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, but, from a slightly different variety.
Cananga Essential Oil is even very aromatically similar to Ylang Ylang Essential Oil… its essentially just a more toned down version of the same scent, which is preferred by some.
However, the most compelling reason to use Cananga Essential Oil is its bountiful anti-inflammatory abilities, which equal those of Copaiba Essential Oil… It is also considered excellent for head injuries.
The following feedback, referencing Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil and Cananga Essential Oil, (originally submitted via the review section of the Cananga Essential Oil page), vouches for the efficacy of both aromatherapy oils, but defines the subtle differences.
Cananga Essential Oil is a fantastic addition to [our] ‘Wild’ essential oil collection. It is very helpful for pain relief just like copaibia but with an uplifting mood effect as an added bonus for us.
The pain my wife suffers from is early osteoporosis and a frozen shoulder, I have a stiff hip that manifests after too much physical hard work.
My wife has really appreciated the massage oil, which has really aided her frozen shoulder, either made with 2 drops of copaibia essential oil or cananga essential oil. Both are as equally good as each other.
Also, when taken orally, 2 drops morning and night, we found that the copaibia essential oil is more calming emotionally whereas the cananga essential oil provides more of an up mood.
Thank you, again, Rachel
For: Amie, Dorchester, Dorset
Just like Cananga Essential Oil, Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil interacts with our Endocannabinoid system, pairing itself with the CB2 receptors, located in our peripheral organs and immune system, particularly in the digestive track.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Healing Benefits
A very diverse healer, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil offers considerable support to endocrine, circulatory cardiovascular, digestive, & immune function. It also provides mental health & reproductive support.
Ylang Ylang Aromatherapy Oil is well known for reducing emotional and physical tension & stress. It is one of the go-to essential oils for women to ease problematic periods. But men love Ylang Ylang Essential Oil too. Not only is it aphrodisiacal, but it also improves the function of erectile tissue in both men and women, making intimacy more physically pleasurable.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Lowers heart rate + reduces the stress response + elevates mood
- Reducing hypertension + palpitations
- Cardiovascular strengthening + heart beat & blood pressure regulation
- Restoring gut health
- Boosting immunity
- Autoimmune conditions + reducing inflammation
- Anxiety + depression + perfectionism
- Increasing libido + improving erectile tissue function + relieving frigidity
- Prevents peripheral nerve damage in diabetics
- Reduces cytotoxicity (protects cells from toxins) + reducing oxidative stress + DNA damage
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Attributes
Anti-ageing + antibacterial + antidepressant + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + antiparasitic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + anti-tumour + antiviral + aphrodisiac + calmative (reduces intestinal gas) + emmenagogue (stimulates menstrual bleeding) + emollient (softens & soothes skin) + euphoriant (emotionally uplifting) + hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) + moisturiser + nervine (calms nerves) + relaxant (reduces emotional tension) + sedative + tonic.
Please refer to the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil For Skincare
- Reducing symptoms of Acne + Eczema + Psoriasis
- Reducing oily skin
- Anti-ageing + moisturising + smoothing irritated skin
- Anti-tumour + reduces oxidative stress which can lead to abnormal cell growth
- Thickening hair + dandruff reduction + natural conditioner
- Head lice
- Warts + Boils
- Dark spots
- Reducing irritation from insect bites + contact irritations
- Wound healing
- Prevents replication of common viruses including Herpes Simplex Viruses 1 & 2
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Fragonia Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Mandarin Essential Oil
- Marjoram Wild Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli Light Essential Oil
- Patchouli Dark Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Cautions & Contraindications
There is a very slight risk of skin irritation, even when diluted correctly with a good quality carrier oil.
Tisserand and Young advocate a maximum dilution of 0.8% and that it should be avoided by those with hypersensitive / diseased / damaged skin.
- Pregnant women should avoid using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the first trimester.
- To be avoided in infants under two years of age.
- Use sparingly. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can cause reactions & sensitivities if over-used. Always perform a patch test before broader use.
- Seek medical advice before using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil if you have low blood pressure or a heart condition.
- May cause headaches.
- Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information about using essential oils safely.
Wild As The Wind Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Cananga odorata flower oil
- Plant Family: Annonaceae
- Parts Used: Flowers
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle to base
- Chemical Family: Esters, Sesquiterpenes
- Appearance: Yellow, medium consistency
- Origin: Madagascar
- Shelf Life: 6 Years
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.
There are no reviews yet.