Clove Bud Essential Oil
Clove Bud Essential Oil is a very potent aromatherapy oil, with many and varied benefits. It is one of the most affordable essential oils, so it’s a great aromatherapy oil to keep in your medicine cabinet to cover you for a good number of eventualities.
Clove Bud Essential Oil is broadly used within dentistry for its analgesic and antibacterial benefits. There’s some evidence to suggest Clove Bud Essential Oil will also even help to re-minerlise our teeth.
Clove Bud Essential Oil Health Benefits
Clove Bud Essential health benefits may include: Analgesic + anaesthetic + antibacterial + anti-fungal + anti-inflammatory + antimicrobial + antioxidant + anti-parasitic + antiseptic + antiviral + aphrodisiac + digestive + expectorant + hepo-protective + hypertensive + stimulant
Clove Bud Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
There are many traditional health benefits / traditional uses of Clove Bud Essential Oil. This list is by no means exhaustive.
- Pain Relief
- Bacterial + fungal infections
- Respiratory infections: bronchitis + colds + flu
- Viral infections: herpes + warts + verrucas
- Parasitic infections
- Toothache + dental infection + gum disease
- Autoimmune conditions: rheumatism + arthritis
- Digestive issues + flatulence + stomach cramps
Clove Bud Essential Oil Cautions & Contraindications
Clove Bud Essential Oil must be diluted properly before use.
Clove Bud Essential Oil poses a moderate risk of skin sensitisation. The safe dermal maximum, according to Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young is 0.5%. They also advise against using it topically on children of 2 years of age or younger.
Clove Leaf Essential Oil is less sensitising than Clove Bud Essential Oil
If taken internally it may inhibit blood clotting, cause drug interactions. It may also cause skin & mucous membrane sensitisation.
Do not ingest if you have haemophilia & other bleeding disorders or a peptic ulcer.
Drug contraindications: it may interact with MAOIs or SSRIs as well as pethidine anticoagulant medications.
Clove Bud Essential Oil contains Eugenol, which in small doses is liver-protective. However,in high concentrations Eugenol is hepatotoxic & can cause tissue damage.
Clove Bud Essential Oil is only suitable for use in a diffuser or oil burner in it’s undiluted state, and even then it should be used in conjunction with other oils owing to its Eugenol content.
Cautions & Contraindications
Tisserand & Young recommend diluting Clove Bud Essential Oil at a 0.05% ratio for topical use.
Wild As The Wind Clove Bud Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Clove Bud Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Eugenia caryophyllata
- Plant Family: Myrtaceae
- Parts Used: Flower buds
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Chemical Family: Phenols
- Appearance: Pale Yellow, medium consistency
- Origin: Madagascar
- Shelf Life: 6 Years
- Aromatic Description: rich, warm & spicy, with woodsy and slightly bitter undertones. Whilst a similar in smell to the spice, the aromatherapy oil is less piquant.
Wild As The Wind also stocks an Organic Clove Bud Essential Oil.
Clove Bud Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Cassia Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
*The dilution advice in How To Use Essential Oils does not apply to Clove Bud Aromatherapy Oil. Please see Cautions & Contraindications above.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.