Clove Bud Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Clove Bud Essential Oil is a richly aromatic, and beneficial aromatherapy oil.
It’s broad applications include use as a bactericidal and fungicidal, with proven anti-microbial effects against Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli and Candida Albicans, alongside Rosemary Essential Oil.
It is also one of the most affordable essential oils, so it’s a great aromatherapy oil to keep on hand to cover you for a good number of eventualities.
Clove Bud Essential Oil has been broadly used within dental hygiene, and oral hygiene products, including toothpaste and mouthwash.
Clove Bud Essential Oil Dental Applications
Research has concluded that the eugenol and eugenyl-acetate content of Clove Bud Essential Oil it is more effective than fluoride at slowing down dental erosion. This coupled with the analgesic properties of Clove Bud Essential Oil makes it a natural choice for oral hygiene. However, Clove Leaf Essential Oil may be a slightly better option if you have sensitivities.
Clove Leaf Essential Oil is better tolerated for dermal application than Clove Bud Essential Oil
There is also scientific research to support Clove Bud Essential Oil can reduce the incidence of dental cavities when it is used for dental hygiene. In addition, there’s evidence for reduced rates of decalcification of the teeth when using Clove Leaf Essential Oil or Clove Bud Essential Oil for oral hygiene.
When teeth decalcify, or start to lose their calcium content, the enamel, which forms a protective barrier on the outside of our teeth, becomes vulnerable to tooth decay and cavities.
The same research also makes the case for Clove Essential Oil to potentially remineralise our teeth. The process of dental remineralisation reduces the risk of cavities by strengthening tooth enamel, and also reduces tooth sensitivity.
Clove Bud Essential Oil Health Benefits
Clove Bud Essential health benefits may include: Analgesic + antibacterial + anti-fungal + anti-inflammatory + antimicrobial + antioxidant + anti-parasitic + antiseptic + antiviral + digestive + expectorant + hepo-protective + stimulant
Clove Bud Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
There are thought to be many traditional health benefits / traditional uses of Clove Bud Essential Oil. This list is by no means exhaustive.
- Bacterial + fungal infections
- Respiratory infections: bronchitis + colds + flu
- Viral infections: herpes + warts + verrucas
- Oral infection + gum disease
- Remineralising teeth + treating gum disease + toothache
- Parasitic infections: Scabies + ringworm
- Muscle pain + tired limbs
- Autoimmune conditions: rheumatism + arthritis
- Digestive issues: Stomach cramps + nausea + travel sickness + abdominal spasm + flatulence
- Circulation + blood pressure + anaemia
- Managing blood sugar levels
- Reducing oxidative stress
- Cognitive support + brain health + boosts energy
- Management of neurodegenerative diseases
- Xenoestrogen detox
Clove Bud Essential Oil For Skincare
- Anti-bacterial + anti-microbial: great for bodily acne + boils ·(avoid use on face)
- Viral skin infection
Clove Bud Essential Oil Aroma
Clove Bud Essential Oil is a very aromatically pleasing aromatherapy oil, with many and varied uses. It is rich, spicy and warming. It also has some woodsy notes, and a slightly bitter undertone. Whilst a similar in smell to the spice, the aromatherapy oil is less piquant.
Clove Bud Essential Oil Cautions & Contraindications
Clove Bud Essential Oil must be diluted properly before dermal use / topical application.
Clove Bud Essential Oil poses a moderate risk of skin sensitisation. The safe dermal maximum, according to Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young is 0.5%. They also advise against using it topically on children of 2 years of age or younger.
Clove Leaf Essential Oil is less sensitising than Clove Bud Essential Oil
If taken internally it may inhibit blood clotting. It may also cause skin & mucous membrane sensitisation.
Do not ingest if you have haemophilia or similar bleeding disorders. Also avoid if you have a peptic ulcer.
Drug contraindications: Those taking anti-depressants and anticoagulant medications should consult their healthcare professional before using Clove Bud Essential Oil internally.
Clove Bud Essential Oil contains Eugenol, which in small doses is thought to be be liver-protective. However, in high concentrations Eugenol is hepatotoxic & can cause tissue damage.
Clove Bud Essential Oil is only suitable for use in a diffuser or oil burner in it’s undiluted state, and even then it should be used in conjunction with other oils owing to its Eugenol content.
Wild As The Wind Clove Bud Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Clove Bud Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Eugenia caryophyllata
- Plant Family: Myrtaceae
- Parts Used: Flower buds
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Chemical Family: Phenols
- Appearance: Pale Yellow, medium consistency
- Origin: Madagascar
- Shelf Life: 6 Years
- Aromatic Description: rich, warm & spicy
Wild As The Wind also stocks an Organic Clove Bud Essential Oil.
Clove Bud Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Cassia Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
*The dilution advice in How To Use Essential Oils does not apply to Clove Bud Aromatherapy Oil. Please see Cautions & Contraindications above.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.