Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang I Aromatherapy Oil is obtained after the extraction of Ylang Ylang Etxra Essential Oil is complete during the first phase of the long distillation process. Ylang Ylang I Aromatherapy Oil is extracted during the second phase of the long distillation process.
The process of distillation used to extract the four different unblended essential oils from the Ylang Ylang flowers takes 14 hours. The four different draughts of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil are extracted at different stages of the process. Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil is the first draught of essential oil to be produced. After this there are three more draughts of essential oil extracted, known as:
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang II Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil
*There is, however, another form of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil known as Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil. Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is a combination of all four Ylang Ylang Essential Oils obtained from the differing stages of oil production.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil Adulteration
Gurjum Essential Oil is sometimes used as an adulterant of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, particularly the more expensive varieties, like Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil and Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil.
But, Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil is still pretty pricey compared to Gurjun Essential Oil, and so it isn’t spared by ruthless profiteers.
If you buy an adulterated Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, then you would do well to buy one that is cut with Gurjum Essential Oil. Gurjum Aromatherapy Oil is a much less expensive oil, but it is an amazingly healing one, with a lovely aroma.
All superior versions of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil are cut with the less valuable Ylang Ylang III Essential including Ylang Ylang II Essential and Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil, when Ylang Yland Oil is used for adulteration purposes.
However, this is not as bad as it gets by any means… Sadly, much more deplorable methods of adulterating essential oils for profit are very common. Often synthetic isolates and other toxic substances are used, rendering the once beautiful, healing essential oils, dangerous and potentially poisonous.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil Aroma
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil possesses an intoxicating, exotic, seductive floral aroma. It is one of the most popular essential oils for the purposes of diffusion.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil, whilst not quite as potent as Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil and Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil, is still powerfully aromatic, displaying the full characteristics of the more expensive oils.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil is a base to middle note in perfumery, just like all of the other Ylang Ylang Essential Oils.
*Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is a key perfumery ingredient in Chanel No. 5. However, Chanel most likely use Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil or Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil rather than Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil.
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil Special Benefits
A very diverse healer, Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil offers considerable support to endocrine, circulatory cardiovascular, digestive, & immune function. It also provides mental health & reproductive support.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil is one of two essential oils which promote healthy hair growth. Rosemary Essential Oil is the other. Just add a few of drops of Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil to your regular shampoo and/or conditioner to reap these benefits.
Ylang Ylang I Aromatherapy Oil is well known for reducing emotional and physical tension. It is one of the go-to essential oils for women hoping to ease problematic periods. But men love Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil too. Not only is it an aphrodisiac, but it also improves the function of erectile tissue in both men and women, making intimacy more physically pleasurable.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil Health Benefits
The health benefits of Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil are the same as other versions of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil only differs aromatically, and in strength… but even then only very slightly. You will need less of Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil to achieve the same benefits as the less concentrated versions of this special oil.
- Lowers heart rate + reduces the stress response + elevates mood
- Reducing hypertension + palpitations
- Cardiovascular strengthening + heart beat & blood pressure regulation
- Restoring gut health
- Boosting immunity
- Autoimmune conditions + reducing inflammation
- Anxiety + depression + perfectionism
- Increasing libido + improving erectile tissue function + relieving frigidity
- Prevents peripheral nerve damage in diabetics
- Reduces cytotoxicity (protects cells from toxins) + reducing oxidative stress + DNA damage
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil Attributes
Anti-ageing + antibacterial + antidepressant + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + anti-parasitic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + anti-tumour + antiviral + aphrodisiac + calmative (reduces intestinal gas) + emmenagog (stimulates menstrual bleeding) + emollient (softens & soothes skin) + euphoriant (emotionally uplifting) + hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) + moisturiser + nervine (calms nerves) + relaxant (reduces emotional tension) + sedative + tonic.
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil For Skincare
- Reducing symptoms of Acne + Eczema + Psoriasis
- Reducing oily skin
- Anti-ageing + moisturising + smoothing irritated skin
- Anti-tumour + reduces oxidative stress which can lead to abnormal cell growth
- Thickening hair + dandruff reduction + natural conditioner
- Head lice
- Warts + Boils
- Dark spots
- Reducing irritation from insect bites + contact irritations
- Wound healing
- Prevents replication of common viruses including Herpes Simplex Viruses 1 & 2
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Fragonia Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Mandarin Essential Oil
- Marjoram Wild Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli Light Essential Oil
- Patchouli Dark Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil Cautions & Contraindications
All Ylang Ylang Essential Oils share the same cautions and contraindications. There is a slight risk of skin irritation, even when diluted correctly in a good quality carrier oil. Tisserand and Young advocate a maximum dilution of 0.8% and that it should be avoided by those with hypersensitive / diseased / damaged skin. Pregnant women should avoid using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the first trimester. To be avoided in infants under two years of age.
Use sparingly internally or topically, as Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can cause reactions & sensitivities if over-used. Seek medical advice before using Ylang Ylang if you have low blood pressure or a heart condition. May cause headaches. Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Always keep essential oils out of reach of children. Consult Using Essential Oils for more information about using essential oils safely.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils. Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists. Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- diffusing & nebulising
- diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK & Europe.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.