Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Extra Aromatherapy Oil is the highest quality Ylang Ylang Essential Oil available.
As the name suggests it is the version of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil which is most potent.
The process of distillation to extract the essential oil from the Ylang Ylang flowers takes 14 hours, and Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil is the first draught of essential oil taken from this process. There are three more draughts of essential oil extracted after this one. They are known as:
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang II Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang III Essential Oil
There is another very high quality version of this exquisite oil. It is known as Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil because is a blended Ylang Ylang Oil comprised of all four versions of oil extracted via the distillation process.
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Adulteration
Gurjum Essential Oil is sometimes used as an adulterant of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, particularly the more expensive varieties, like Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil and Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil.
However, if you were to buy an adulterated Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, then you would do well to buy one that is cut with Gurjum Essential Oil.
Gurjum Aromatherapy Oil is a much less expensive oil, but it is an amazingly healing one, with a lovely aroma.
In addition, the less expensive versions of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil are often used to adulterate Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Sadly, much more deplorable methods of adulterating essential oils for profit are very common. Often synthetic isolates and other toxic substances are used.
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Aroma
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil possesses an intoxicating, exotic, seductive floral aroma. It is one of the most popular essential oils used for diffusing. Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil is a base to middle note in perfumery, just like all of the other Ylang Ylang Essential Oils.
Although it’s mentioned on all other Ylang Ylang Essential Oil pages, Ylang Ylang is a key perfumery ingredient in Chanel No. 5, there’s little doubt in my mind Chanel use Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil or Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil in their perfume rather than any other version.
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Special Benefits
A very diverse healer, Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil offers considerable support to endocrine, circulatory cardiovascular, digestive, & immune function.
It also provides mental health & reproductive support. Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil is one of two essential oils which promote healthy hair growth. Rosemary Essential Oil is the other.
Just add a few of drops of Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil to your regular shampoo and conditioner to reap these benefits.
Ylang Ylang Extra Aromatherapy Oil is well known for reducing emotional and physical tension. It is one of the go-to essential oils for women hoping to ease problematic periods. But men love Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil too. Not only is it an aphrodisiac, but it also improves the function of erectile tissue in both men and women, making intimacy more physically pleasurable.
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Health Benefits
The health benefits of Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil are the same as other versions of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil. However, Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil differs a little aromatically, particularly in strength. Other Ylang Ylang Essential Oils are less pungent, so it’s possible to use a smaller quantity of Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil to achieve the same effect.
- Lowers heart rate + reduces the stress response + elevates mood
- Reducing hypertension + palpitations
- Cardiovascular strengthening + heart beat & blood pressure regulation
- Restoring gut health
- Boosting immunity
- Autoimmune conditions + reducing inflammation
- Anxiety + depression + perfectionism
- Increasing libido + improving erectile tissue function + relieving frigidity
- Prevents peripheral nerve damage in diabetics
- Reduces cytotoxicity (protects cells from toxins) + reducing oxidative stress + DNA damage
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Attributes
Anti-ageing + antibacterial + antidepressant + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + anti-parasitic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + anti-tumour + antiviral + aphrodisiac + calmative (reduces intestinal gas) + emmenagog (stimulates menstrual bleeding) + emollient (softens & soothes skin) + euphoriant (emotionally uplifting) + hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) + moisturiser + nervine (calms nerves) + relaxant (reduces emotional tension) + sedative + tonic.
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil For Skincare
- Reducing symptoms of Acne + Eczema + Psoriasis
- Reducing oily skin
- Anti-ageing + moisturising + smoothing irritated skin
- Anti-tumour + reduces oxidative stress which can lead to abnormal cell growth
- Thickening hair + dandruff reduction + natural conditioner
- Head lice
- Warts + Boils
- Dark spots
- Reducing irritation from insect bites + contact irritations
- Wound healing
- Prevents replication of common viruses including Herpes Simplex Viruses 1 & 2
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Fragonia Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Mandarin Essential Oil
- Marjoram Wild Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli Light Essential Oil
- Patchouli Dark Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil Cautions & Contraindication
All Ylang Ylang Essential Oils share the same cautions and contraindications.
There is a slight risk of skin irritation, even when diluted correctly in a good quality carrier oil. Tisserand and Young advocate a maximum dilution of 0.8% and that it should be avoided by those with hypersensitive / diseased / damaged skin.
Pregnant women should avoid using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in the first trimester. To be avoided in infants under two years of age.
Use sparingly internally or topically, as Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can cause reactions & sensitivities if over-used.
Seek medical advice before using Ylang Ylang if you have low blood pressure or a heart condition.
May cause headaches.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Always keep essential oils out of reach of children. Consult Using Essential Oils for more information about using essential oils safely.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils. Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists. Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- diffusing & nebulising
- diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK & Europe.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.