Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is very similar to Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil in terms of application. However, it is less irritating to the skin than Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil, which is why the organic form of Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is used within two Wild As The Wind blended products that can be used for topical application. (Please see below.)
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is a very important aromatherapy oil, with many uses. It is aromatically very pleasing, making it a popular essential oil for this reason also. However, Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is a less aromatic oil than Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil.
It is enlivening and reassuring, with a lot of warmth. Denoted by musky, spicy, almost peppery undertones as well as earthy, woodsy characteristics.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil has been used throughout the ages in many different applications.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Health Benefits
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include: Analgesic + antibacterial + anti-diabetic + anti-fungal + anti-inflammatory + antimicrobial + antioxidant + anti-parasitic + anti-spasmodic + anti-tumor + anti-viral + immune-stimulant + libido-enhancing + neuro-protective
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is extracted from the leaves of Cinnamomum verum trees, which have been used in many traditional remedies.
Cinnamon spice features prominently within many medicinal traditions, but its most comprehensive use is within Ayurveda, a system of traditional medicine which is unique to Southern India.
Traditional applications include:
- Arthritis + rheumatism
- Fungal infections
- Skin infections
- Weight loss
- Heart problems
- Respiratory infections: colds + flu + bronchitis
- Digestive issues
- Reducing blood sugar
- Period problems: menstrual cramps + heavy menstruation
- Circulatory issues + blood impurities + detoxification agent
- Boosting immunity
- Neurological disorders: Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s etc.
Cautions & Contraindications
Tisserand & Young recommend diluting Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil at a 0.05% ratio for topical use.
Wild As The Wind Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Cinnamomum verum
- Plant Family: Lauraceae
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Parts Used: Leaves
- Appearance: Golden yellow, slightly viscous consistency
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Chemical Family: Phenylpropanoid (Eugenol)
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Shelf Life: c. 5 years
Wild As The Wind Products Containing Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carteri Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serata Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Myrrh Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Thyme Red Essential Oil
- Thyme White Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
*The dilution advice in How To Use Essential Oils does not apply to Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil. Please see Cautions & Contraindications above.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.