Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil, as the name suggests, is made from Lavender flowers which grow high up in the mountains. It is a beautifully aromatic oil, with a much richer and diverse aroma than many other Lavender aromatherapy oils.
There are a number of reasons why Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil is such a rich smelling oil, but perhaps not the reasons you would imagine. Some would think it is because the plants the oil is made from are growing where the water is crystal clear and where the air is cleaner, but these aren’t the key reasons… It actually has more to do with the stressors of the environment that makes Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil so aromatically impressive.
Plants that are grown in environments which are naturally stressful develop more fully… as nature intended. It’s the plants which grow in heavily managed environments which tend to lack complexity.
So, Lavender which is grown at approximately 1,500 metres above sea level produces more esthers, making it chemically to Lavender plants grown in the valleys.
But again, that’s not all. Essential oils that are distilled at altitude retain more of their volatile compounds because the process is completed at a lower temperature. Having lower air pressure corresponds to the temperatures required for distillation.
The higher the altitude, the lower the temperature needs to be. And, essential oils which are distilled at lower temperatures retain more of the volatile compounds found in the plants.
Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil Health Benefits
The health benefits of Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil are thought to be diverse: Analgesic + antibacterial + anticonvulsant + anti-inflammatory + antifungal + antimicrobial + antirheumatic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + antiviral + carminative (reduces gastric bloating & flatulence) + cholagogue (promotes the discharge of bile from the system, purging it downward) decongestant + deodorant + diuretic + emmenagogue (increases menstrual flow) + hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) + nervine (nerve tonic) + restorative + sedative + sudorific (relating to or causing sweating) + vulnerary (wound healing)
Please consult the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil Traditional Uses
The traditional health benefits of Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil are thought to
- Wound cleansing + wound healing
- Reducing pain and itching
- Fungal infections
- Bacterial infections
- Mouth ulcers
- Anxiety + depression
Wild As The Wind Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
The elevated levels of esthers, or more specifically linalyl acetate, in Wild As The Wind Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil make it more calming than other Lavender Essential Oils.
- INCI: Lavandula angustifolia Oil
- Plant Family: Labiatae
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Appearance: Clear
- Parts Used: Flowering tops
- Perfumery Note: Middle / Top
- Chemical family: Esthers
- Shelf Life: 6 years
- Aroma: Rich, fresh, fruity, floral & herbaceous
- Origin: France
- Contraindications: Non-toxic, non-irritant & non-sensitising
- 1.6kg flowers = 10ml of essential oil
Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Angelica Root Essential Oil
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Cassia Essential Oil
- Chamomile (Roman) Essential Oil
- Cistus Essential Oil
- Citronella Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Coriander Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Galbanum Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Laurel Leaf Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Lime Essential Oil
- Mandarin Essential Oil
- Marjoram Wild Essential Oil
- Neroli Essential Oil
- Nutmeg Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Patchouli Light Essential Oil
- Patchouli Dark Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
- Rose Otto Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Rosemary Camphor Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Thyme Red Essential Oil
- Thyme White Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- Yarrow Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.