Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg Essential Oil is a very potent aromatherapy oil, and must be used sparingly.
It is obtained from the dried kernels of the fruit from the Myristica fragrans tree, an evergreen native to the Moluccas, or Maluku Islands, which are historically known as the Spice Islands. The trees are now found in other areas within Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka, and the Caribbean.
Nutmeg Essential Oil possesses many beneficial constituents and has been used throughout the ages, particularly in India and Egypt, to help with many systemic conditions.
It is now widely used in skincare and haircare products, and continues to be used herbally around the globe.
Nutmeg is also known by a number of other common names including; mace, muscadier, magic, muskatbaum, noz moscada, myristica, nuez moscada, and nux moschata.
Nutmeg Essential Oil Health Benefits
Nutmeg Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include:
Analgesic + antibacterial + anticonvulsant + antidepressant + anti-diarrheal + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antimicrobial + antioxidant + antiparasitic + antiseptic + antispasmodic + antiviral + anxiolytic, (antianxiety) + cardio-supportive + carminative + digestive tonic + emmenagogue + expectorant + hepatic tonic (liver tonic) + hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) + immuno-stimulant + nervine + relaxant + rubefacient (increases blood flow) + sedative + stimulant + stomachic + tonic
Please consult the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Nutmeg Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Nutmeg Essential Oil traditional health benefits are thought to include:
- Gastrointestinal spasms & digestive disorders
- Indigestion, flatulence, vomiting, & diarrhoea
- Heart health
- Stress & mental exhaustion
- Detoxifying the liver
- Improving dreams quality
- Improving blood circulation
- Reducing blood pressure
- Viral infections: colds + flu
- Respiratory health
- Kidney health: dissolving kidney stones
- Cardiovascular support / heart tonic
- Mood stabilising
- Hormone balancing
- Menstrual cramps
- Menstrual irregularities
- Mood swing
- Upset Stomach
- Relieves joint pain in conditions like rheumatism + arthritis
- Muscular & joint aches & pains
- Menstrual problems: regulating menstrual cycles + menstrual cramps
Wild As The Wind Nutmeg Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Nutmeg Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Melissa Officinalis Leaf Oil
- Plant Family: Myristicaceae
- Parts Used: Seeds
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Chemical Family: Ethers, Monoterpenes
- Aroma: Light, fresh, sweetly spicy, warming, & woodsy
- Appearance: Clear, thin consistency
- Origin: Indonesia
- Shelf Life: 4-5 Years
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.