Basil (Sweet) Essential Oil
Sweet Basil Aromatherapy Oil is is aromatically very alluring and posses many beneficial properties.
Wild As The Wind Sweet Basil Aromatherapy Oil
Wild As The Wind Sweet Basil Essential Oil originates from Egypt
INCI :: Ocimum basilicum L. (L. Linalool Chemotype)
*** Most essential oil companies sell a much cheaper Basil Essential Oil with a different chemotype, known as Chavicol chemotype, with a lot less healing potential.
Sweet Basil Aromatherapy Oil (Linalool chemotype) is also known as Basil Grand Verte Essential Oil.
Sweet Basil Essential Oil Aroma
The aroma of Sweet Basil Essential Oil is deeply satisfying, and is even more so in combination with other complimentary aromatherapy oils.
Sweet Basil Essential Oil is herbaceous and fresh, slightly woody with a hint of citrus. It is also lightly balsamic.
Sweet Basil Essential Oil Healing Benefits
Sweet Basil Essential Oil has many traditional uses, many of which emanate from India. There is a very long history of Sweet Basil Essential Oil being used for medicinal purposes within the Hindu tradition.
Some of these traditional uses of Sweet Basil Essential Oil include
- Bronchitis + flu + colds + coughs
- Insect bites + insect repellent (especially when accompanied by Citronella Essential Oil in your diffuser)
- Air purification
Using Sweet Basil Essential Oil
Sweet Basil Essential Oil is best used in a diffuser, or inhaled directly from the bottle for acute purposes.
Sweet Basil Essential Oil contains Eugenol. Internal consumption is not advised, especially for those with Liver issues, and certainly not for more than 10 days without a one month break.
Known Hazards: Presents a low risk of skin sensitisation
Contraindications: None known
Maximum dermal use level: Tisserand & Young – 1.5% dilution in a good carrier oil.
Safety advice: Always dilute essential oils prior to topical application. Please refer to How To Use Essential Oils for more detail.
Tisserand & Young in their book, Essential Oil Safety: Second edition, specify the following: A maximum of 1.5% is recommended for dermal use based on 33.7% eugenol. No restrictions are required with regards to carcinogenesis.
Sweet Basil Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Citronella Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Clove Leaf Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Juniper Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Lime Essential Oil
- Organic Mandarin Essential Oil
- Organic Orange (Sweet) Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Rosemary Camphor Essential Oil
- Rosewood Essential Oil
- Star Anise Essential Oil
- Thyme Red Essential Oil
Basil Essential Oil Attributes
Sweet Basil Essential Oil is considered to be soothing and uplifting.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- diffusing & nebulising
- diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK & Europe.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.