Ravensara Essential Oil
Ravensara Essential Oil is also known as Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil or Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil, but this is due to an histocial misaprehension…
Ravensara Essential Oil Origins
Ravensara Essential Oil shares the same origins as Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil. Both are distilled using the young leafy twigs of the Cinnamomum camphora.
Although some still refer to this profoundly healing essential as Ravensara Essential Oil, this name is dying out in favour of Ravintsara Essential Oil and / or Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil.
Ravintsara Essential Oil Country Of Origin :: Madagascar
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil INCI :: Cinnamomum camphora
Wild As The Wind Ravensara Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind carry two varieties of Ravintsara Essential Oil from two different suppliers, but both are sourced from the same varietiy of tree. We refer to the other oil as Ravintsara Essential Oil to differentiate them, and to keep things simple.
We know people are still going to be searching for Ravensara Essential Oil, so this is the best way of leading everyone to the right essential oils, and giving everyone a chance to learn the backstory of this important healer.
The truth of the matter is, however, that the term Ravensara Essential Oil is a misnomer. The name Ravensara Essential Oil should not have been used within the realms of aromatherapy.
Ravensara Essential Oil is actually a perfumery ingredient and was never intended to be used as a healing oil at all. This is because the original Ravensara Essential Oil is from a different tree entirely, the Agatophyllum aromaticum.
Nevertheless, the name Ravensara Essential Oil was used by some to mean Ravintsara Essential Oil and it stuck, even though it is waning in popularity the more people catch on to the fact it’s actually not the correct name for the esserntial oil they wish to buy.
Ravensara Essential Oil Aroma
Ravensara Essential Oil has a rich, warm, spicy aroma which is said to be a little reminiscent of Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil, but is softer, and, in my opinion, closer aromatically to the milder Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil.
Ravensara Essential Oil Attributes
Ravensara Essential Oil health benefits include :: antibacterial + anti-catarrhale + anti-fungal + anti-inflammatory + antiseptic + antispasmodic + antiviral + decongestant + immuno-stimulating + expectorant + mucolytic (thins mucus) + relaxant
Ravensara Essential Oil Health Benefits
Ravensara Essential Oil is both stimulating and reviving. It provides both physical and emotional support. It also offers immune support when we are run down and stressed due to over-doing things or being under pressure.
Ravensara Essential Oil is ideal for upper respiratory infections, sore throats, rhinitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, colds and flu.
Vapourising Ravensara Essential Oil in a bowl of steaming hot water with a towel over your head is the way to go if you have any of the above. Do this several times a day to ease symptoms and kill infection. Use up to 5 drops of Ravensara Essential Oil each time. Another great aromatherapy oil to add to your steaming water is Canada Balsam Essential Oil. These two essential oils together are a formidable force and smell fantastic. Also consider adding Copaiba Essential Oil.
Ravensara Essential Oil is enjoying a little bit of a come-back in popularity. It has been eclipsed for some years by the popularity of Tea Tree Essential Oil. But, Ravensara Essential oil can do everything that Tea Tree Aromatherapy Oil can, and then some… However, it may be because Tea Tree Essential Oil is marginally less expensive that this oil remains the favourite of the two.
Ravensara Essential Oil Health Benefits In Brief
- Supports adrenal health
- Supports emotional health + eases nervous exhaustion + depression
- Reduces coronary artery disease
- Gastric flu (applied abominably at the correct dilution)
- Reduce muscle spasms, + cramps + nervous tension
- Physical and nervous exhaustion
- Immune deficiency
- Water retention
Consult Using Essential Oils for more information about diluting essential oils.
Ravensara Essential Oil Skin Benefits
- Relieves dermal pain + irritation + itching
- Relieves insect bites
- Cold sores + shingles + warts + herpes (due to antiviral properties)
- Great added to skin cleansers + spritzes
- Cleanse wounds + cuts + scrapes
- Soothing chapped skin
- Fungal infections
*Can be used neat to treat cold sores, but always apply using a disposable cotton bud to avoid spreading this nasty virus to other parts of your body. (It can cause blindness if it gets into eyes.)
**Never use cotton buds with plastic tips as these get into waterways and cause much harm to marine life. Always buy buds with a wooden stick.
Ravensara Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Camphor Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Cassia Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Cistus Essential Oil
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Coriander Essential Oil
- Coriander Leaf Essential Oil
- Coriander Seed Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Smithii Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil
- Fennel Sweet Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Gingergrass Essential Oil
- Guaiacwood Essential Oil
- Gurjun Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Iary Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Laurel Leaf Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Rosemary Camphor Essential Oil
- Yarrow Essential Oil
Ravensara Camphora Essential Oil Safety
Ravensara Essential Oil is non-toxic and non-irritating, hence the possibility of using it neat for cold sores.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- diffusing & nebulising
- diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK & Europe.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.