Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil
Ravintsara Essential Oil is also known as Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil, and as the name would suggest, it is mainly used for the respiratory benefits it possesses. It is, however, a powerful antiviral, so it has many other uses…
Ravintsara Essential Oil Origins
Ravintsara Essential Oil Country Of Origin :: Madagascar
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil
INCI :: Cinnamomum camphora
Ravensara Essential Oil
This profoundly healing essential oil is also known as Ravensara Essential Oil, although this name is dying out in favour of Ravintsara Essential Oil and / or Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil.
Wild As The Wind carry two varieties of Ravintsara Essential Oil from two different suppliers, but both sourced from the same variety of tree. We refer to the other oil as Ravensara Essential Oil to differentiate them, and to keep things simple.
However, the term Ravensara Essential Oil should not have been used within the field of aromatherapy. Ravensara Essential Oil was actually a perfumery ingredient and not intended as a healing oil at all.
Ravensara Essential Oil was originally from a different source entirely :: the Agatophyllum aromaticum tree. But, the term Ravensara Essential Oil was adopted by some to mean Ravintsara Essential Oil and this term is now used to refer to aromatherapy oils distilled from the Cinnamomum camphora.
Ravintsara Essential Oil Aroma
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil has a rich, warm, spicy aroma which is said to be a little reminiscent of Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil, but is softer, and, in my opinion, closer aromatically to the milder Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil.
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil Attributes
Ravintsara Essential Oil health benefits include :: antibacterial + anti-catarrhal + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antiseptic + antispasmodic + antiviral + decongestant + immuno-stimulating + expectorant + mucolytic (thins mucus) + relaxant
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil Health Benefits
Ravintsara Essential Oil is both stimulating and reviving. It offers immune support when we are run down and stressed due to over-doing things, or being under pressure. In addition, it provides physical and emotional support, especially during times of duress.
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil is ideal for upper respiratory infections, sore throats, rhinitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, colds and flu, especially when used for inhalation.
- Supports adrenal health
- Supports emotional health + eases nervous exhaustion + depression
- Reduces coronary artery disease
- Gastric flu (applied abominably at the correct dilution)
- Reduce muscle spasms, + cramps + nervous tension<
- Physical and nervous exhaustion
- Immune deficiency
- Water retention
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil Skin Benefits
- Relieves dermal pain + irritation + itching
- Relieves insect bites
- Cold sores + shingles + warts + herpes (due to antiviral properties)
- Great added to skin cleansers + spritzes
- Cleansing & dressing wounds + cuts + scrapes
- Soothing chapped skin
- Fungal infections
*Can be used to relieve cold sores, but always apply using a disposable cotton bud to avoid spreading this nasty virus to other parts of your body. (It can cause blindness if it gets into eyes.)
**Never use cotton buds with plastic tips as these get into waterways and cause much harm to marine life. Always buy buds with a wooden or cardboard stick.
Vaporising Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil in a bowl of steaming hot water, with a towel over your head, is very beneficial if you have a respiratory condition.
Do this several times a day to ease symptoms and kill infection.
Use up to 5 drops of Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil each time you use this traditional steam inhalation method.
All essential oils must be properly diluted in a good carrier oil prior to topical application.
Percentages vary depending on the application. Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for information about diluting essential oils for topical application.
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil Safety
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil is non-toxic and non-irritating.
Ravintsara Camphora Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Camphor Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Cassia Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Cistus Essential Oil
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Coriander Essential Oil
- Coriander Leaf Essential Oil
- Coriander Seed Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Elemi Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Dives Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Smithii Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil
- Fennel Sweet Essential Oil
- Frankincense Carterii Essential Oil
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
- Gingergrass Essential Oil
- Gurjun Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Iary Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Laurel Leaf Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Rosemary Camphor Essential Oil
- Yarrow Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason, you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.