Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain Essential Oil is only one of three aromatherapy oils which are derived from the bitter orange tree. The other two are Neroli Essential Oil and Bitter Orange Essential Oil. These aromatherapy oils differ greatly in cost, with Petitgrain Essential Oil being the most affordable.
More caution must be applied to the use of Bitter Orange Essential Oil than the diversely beneficial Sweet Orange Essential Oil, which is obtained from the peel of the fruits of a different tree in the same family. (See INCI’s below.)
As Sweet Orange Essential Oil has a more appealing aroma, and is safer to use, this is the option we recommend.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil INCI :: Citrus aurantium dulcis
Bitter Orange Essential Oil INCI :: Citrus aurantium amara
Petitgrain Essential Oil Origins
The bitter orange tree is originally from Southern China but now is cultivated in some Southern American countries.
Petitgrain Essential Oil is obtained from distilling the twigs and leaves of the bitter orange tree.
Neroli Essential Oil is obtained from distilling the blossoms of the bitter orange tree.
Bitter Orange Essential Oil is derived from the peel of the fruit of the bitter orange tree.
*Because Bitter Orange Essential Oil is phototoxic and is very similar to Sweet Orange Essential Oil in therms of the benefits it offers, Wild As The Wind only stock Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil and not Bitter Orange Essential Oil.
Petitgrain Essential Oil Aroma
Petitgrain Essential Oil is a very refreshing aromatherapy oil, often used in room sprays. It has a mild citrus scent with a woody, herbaceous undertones, and floral accents.
Petitgrain Essential Oil Uses
According to Julia Lawless Petitgrain Aromatherapy Oil is helpful for the following:
- Acne + oily skin
Petitgrain Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Cardamom Essential Oil
- Chamomile Roman Essential Oil
- Chamomile German Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Copaiba Balsam Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- Geranium Rose Essential Oil
- Gurjun Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Iary Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Juniper Needle Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Neroli Essential Oil
- Lavandin Super Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- May Chang Essential Oil
- Palmarosa Essential Oil
- Plai Essential Oil
- Rosemary Cineol Essential Oil
- Rosemary Camphor Essential Oil
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang I Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.