Organic Basil Essential Oil
This Organic Basil Essential Oil is a Sweet Basil Aromatherapy Oil. It is broadly supportive of health and has many and varied applications. Because of this it is tempting to use it all the time.
However, Organic Basil Essential Oil contains Eugenol and should not be used to excess. Regular breaks in usage are advised. Thankfully, Organic Basil Essential Oil is exceptional at addressing many acute issues, so short-term use is often most appropriate.
As a powerful antispasmodic, it is very effective against menstrual pain, and digestive and respiratory discomfort. As a tonic, it provides support to the whole body. It is also antioxidant, thereby facilitating stress reduction and supporting immune function etc….
It has been traditionally used for anxiety states and general emotional support.
It is also excellent for a good number of skincare applications.
Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil Health Benefits
Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include the following: Analgesic + antibacterial + antidepressant + anti-inflammatory + anti-nausea + antioxidant + antiseptic + antispasmodic + carminative + cephalic + emmenagogue + expectorant + immuno-stimulant + ophthalmic + stimulant + stomachic
Please refer to the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil has many traditional uses, many of which emanate from India via the Ayurvedic tradition. There is a very long history of Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil being used for medicinal purposes within the Hindu tradition.
Some of these traditional uses of Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil include:
- Respiratory problems: bronchitis + flu + colds + coughs + whooping cough + bronchitis + asthma + sinusitis
- Anxiety & depression
- Nervous tension – nervous system regulator
- Insect bites + insect repellent (especially when accompanied by Citronella Essential Oil in your diffuser)
- Air purification
- Tonic for the body
- Chronic fatigue
- Menstrual pain
- Mind tonic
- Digestive tonic: diarrhoea + constipation + indigestion + flatulence + cramps + colic + nausea + hiccoughs
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Bloodshot eyes
- Motion sickness + nausea
- Bacterial infection
- Insect repellent
- Heart conditions
Wild As The Wind Organic Basil Essential Oil
This Wild As The Wind Organic Basil Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Ocimum basilicum L. Oil
- Chemotype: Linalool
- Plant Family: Lamiaceae
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Aroma: Spicy, earthy, fresh & warm
- Parts Used: Flowering tops & leaves
- Appearance: Light yellow to yellow amber liquid.
- Chemical Family: Monoterpenols
- Shelf Life: 5 – 6 years
- Perfumery Note: Middle / Top
- Origin: India
Organic Basil Essential Oil Aroma
This is an aromatically beautiful oil. Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil is very complex and deeply alluring.
It is a warm, sweet, fresh herbaceous oil with crisp floral and slightly citrussy scent. It is very vibrant, and light, instantly uplifting, and delightful.
It also has a very mild anise-like scent, as with fresh basil, and some people even think it has a mild liquorice aroma.
Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil is aromatically very versatile as well as a deeply beneficial oil, which pairs well with many complimentary aromatherapy oils.
Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Organic Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Organic Cistus Essential Oil
- Organic Citronella Essential Oil
- Organic Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Organic Clove Essential Oil
- Organic Natural Clove Bud Essential Oil
- Organic Frankincense Carteri Essential Oil
- Organic Helichrysum Essential Oil
- Organic Hyssop Essential Oil
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Lime Essential Oil
- Organic Mandarin Red Essential Oil
- Organic Orange (Sweet) Essential Oil
- Organic Rosemary Essential Oil
- Organic Thyme Essential Oil
- Organic Yarrow Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Organic Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK organic essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Organic Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Organic Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Organic Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use organic aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all organic essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason, you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific organic essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Organic Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind organic essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.