Damiana Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Damiana Essential Oil is sourced from Mexico.
It is an aromatically complex and unique aromatherapy oil which may be helpful for those of a sensitive disposition.
This is because it is thought to be supportive of those with emotional issues as well as those with a lot of nervous energy.
Damiana Essential Oil Tonic
Traditionally, Damiana was considered a tonic for overall health. It is, therefore, unsurprising it’s made it’s way into a number of popular drinks…
According to Mexican folklore, herbal infusions of Damiana were a key ingredient in the making of margaritas.
Whilst the recipe for Coca-Cola is considered to be one of the best ever kept secrets, it is rumoured that an extract of Damiana was included in the original Cola beverage recipe.
Damiana Essential Oil Health Benefits
Damiana Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include the following: Anti-anxiety + anti-depressant + anti-asthmatic + antispasmodic + digestive + diuretic + nervine + stimulant + tonic
Damiana Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Damiana Essential Oil traditional health benefits are thought to include:
- Anxiety & depression
- Metrorrhagia (irregular menstruation occurring between expected menstrual periods)
- Menopausal symptoms
- Nervous system support
- Muscle relaxant
Damiana Essential Oil Aroma
Damiana Essential Oil has a rich complex aroma which is clean, earthy and herbaceous, with woody and fruity tones.
Cautions & Contraindications
- May contain estragole
- No known contraindications
- Tisserand & Young recommend a safe dermal dilution of: 30%
- IFRA recommended safe dermal dilution: 2.5%
- EU recommended safe dermal dilution: Not specified
Wild As The Wind Damiana Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Damiana Essential Oil is a premium quality aromatherapy oil, suitable for therapeutic purposes.
- INCI: Turnera diffusa leaf extract
- Plant Family: Passifloraceae
- Parts Used: Flowers / Leaves
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle to top
- Chemical Family: Cineole
- Appearance: Pale Yellow, thin to medium consistency
- Origin: Mexico
- Shelf Life: 3 Years
Damiana Essential oil is known as Turnera diffusa or Turnera aphrodisiaca.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are premium quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy oils.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.