Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil is a very stimulating and cooling oil, which is best known for helping with digestive problems. It has also been commonly used to help ease headaches and clear sinuses.
Owing to its stimulating and anti-inflammatory effects, it has also been used as a muscle rub, and for improving circulation.
Peppermint Essential Oil influences our mood in a very positive way. It is uplifting and de-stressing owing to its anxiolytic and antidepressant properties.
Peppermint Essential Oil Health Benefits
Peppermint Essential Oil health benefits are thought to include the following:
Analgesic + antibacterial + antidepressant + antiemetic + antifungal + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant + antiseptic + antispasmodic + antiviral + astringent + anxiolytic (antianxiety) + carminative + cephalic + decongestant + digestive support + expectorant + febrifuge + hepatic + immuno-stimulant + stomachic
Please consult the Glossary Of Terms for more information.
Peppermint Essential Oil Traditional Health Benefits
Peppermint Essential Oil traditional health benefits are thought to include:
- Digestive issues
- Viral infections
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Fatigue + exhaustion
- Autoimmune conditions
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Colds & flu
- Muscle & joint pain
Wild As The Wind Peppermint Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Peppermint Essential Oil is a premium quality oil suitable for diffusing. It must be diluted in a good quality carrier oil before topical application.
- INCI: Mentha Piperita Oil
- Plant Family: Lamicaceae
- Parts Used: Flowers, stems & leaves
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Perfumery Note: Middle to top
- Chemical Family: Ketones, Monoterpenols, Oxides
- Appearance: Clear, medium consistency
- Origin: UK
- Shelf Life: 5 – 6 Years
Peppermint Essential Oil Contraindications
Not advised for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Avoid using it on your face and intimate areas of your body.
If used facially, it is important to avoid contact with your eyes. But, because essential oils are volatile oils, you will feel the effects on your eyes even if you do not use a diluted Peppermint Oil close to your eyes.
Learn How To Use Essential Oils safely and effectively.
Peppermint Essential Oil Mixes Well With:
Peppermint Aromatherapy Oil combines well with a good number of essential oils, lending the blends a refreshing and enlivening influence.
Wild As the Wind Peppermint Essential Oil mixes well with these aromatherapy oils:
- Bergamot FCF Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Virginia Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Hyssop Essential Oil
- Lavender Spike Essential Oil
- Lavender High Altitude Essential Oil
- Lavender Maillette Essential Oil
- Lavender True Essential Oil
- Marjoram Essential Oil
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil
- Organic Lime Essential Oil
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
- Ravensara Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Thyme Red Essential Oil
- Thyme (White) Essential Oil
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils
Wild As The Wind offer one of the most extensive ranges of premium quality, therapeutic grade UK essential oils available online.
Professional therapists use Wild As The Wind Essential Oils, including Osteopaths and Massage Therapists.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are also used domestically, for home remedies as well as in green cleaning products etc.
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils Are Suitable For:
- Diffusing & nebulising
- Diluting to make body & bath oils (1% dilution)
- Using in your household first aid kit (average 2% dilution)
- Adding to your shampoos, conditioners & liquid soaps (5 drops per 100ml)
- Diluting to make face oils (2% dilution)
- Formulating effective household cleaners & sanitisers (average 5% dilution)
Please consult How To Use Essential Oils for more information on how to use aromatherapy oils, and how to blend them.
However, not all essential oils are suitable for all applications. For this reason you must read the specific safety advice, including cautions and contraindications, for the specific essential oils you intend to use.
Wild As The Wind Customer Ratings:
Etsy: 5 stars Facebook: 5 stars Google: 4.9 stars
Wild As The Wind Essential Oil Availability
Wild As The Wind Essential Oils are available in the UK.
Wild As The Wind Customer Guarantees
Wild As The Wind essential oils are cruelty-free & vegan friendly. They are also some of the purest, most bio-active essential oils in the world.